We’ve teamed up with Unisure because we wanted to make the process of arranging insurance as simple as possible without the tedious form filling and lengthy questionnaires that you find on price comparison sites.

Unisure differs from price comparison sites because our panel of leading UK insurers each compete to offer you the lowest price on an identical policy, so it’s easy to pick the right one for you.

Buildings Insurance

Building insurance is a mandatory requirement that all lenders look for when arranging a mortgage, regardless of whether you’re buying a property or remortgaging. When purchasing a leasehold property, this may already be covered by the monthly or annual maintenance charge. If you are purchasing a freehold property, the buildings insurance will likely need to be covered by you, and you will need buildings insurance in place for the exchange of contracts.

What does building insurance cover?

Building insurance covers your home’s fabric and permanent fixtures, such as the roof, walls, ceilings, floors, doors and windows, fitted kitchens, built-in cupboards and bathroom suites. A standard buildings insurance policy should cover the total cost of repair or a complete rebuild in case of a fire, lightning strike, storm damage, gas explosion, falling trees, earthquake, vandalism, vehicle collisions with the building or bursting of the plumbing.

What does contents insurance cover?

Contents insurance covers your possessions against loss or damage by theft, attempted theft, fire, explosion, lightning, or earthquake. It will also insure against water leakage, storm or flood damage. The ‘contents’ of your home are defined by insurers as the sort of things you would take with you if you were to move house, including furniture, clothes, electrical items, money and jewellery. Contents insurance may also cover some fixtures, such as carpets and curtains.

When arranging contents insurance, you set the maximum level of coverage the policy will pay out if, for example, the contents of your home are entirely destroyed, so it is essential to ensure you have the right level of protection. Many of us get this figure wrong, and experts estimate that one in five households could be underinsured because they do not know the true value of their home contents.

It can help to go through your home room by room and inventory your possessions – they will probably add up to more than you think. Don’t forget to include items in the loft or stored outside in the garden and shed.


Why choose Uinsure for your home insurance?


The benefits of arranging your home insurance with Uinsure include:

  • High-quality insurance cover selected for you from across the entire market
  • 5 Star Defaqto-rated cover and a 5 Star Trustpilot rating.
  • We’re transparent, we don’t have any cancellation or adjustment fees.
  • We’ve always treated loyalty like royalty, so you’ll get our best price at every renewal.
  • Payment Flexibility

To get a home, landlord or non-standard insurance quote today from Uinsure, click here.

Product highlights

At Uinsure, we design our products to ensure they’re 5 Star Defaqto rated, with high cover limits and low excess options. For full details, please refer to the Home Insurance Policy Booklet.

  • £1m of buildings cover
  • Alternative accommodation cover in the event your property becomes uninhabitable
  • Up to £1m cover for tracing the source of leaks in your home
  • Cover for garages and outbuildings
  • Accidental breakage of fixed technology equipment included as standard
  • All repairs guaranteed for 1 year
  • No charge to make adjustments or to cancel